Adult Day Center FAQs
What is Saint Peter's Adult Day Care?
An adult day center serves individuals living in the community who are physically or cognitively impaired. Adult day care clients are typically older and they, and/or their families, wish for them to maintain independence in order to continue living in the community. An adult day care setting offers individuals the opportunity to socialize and participate in a variety of activities that provide peer socialization and mind stimulation. Adult day care helps to prevent premature institutionalization.
What services does Adult Day Care offer?
This depends on the individual and his or her particular needs. We offer nursing services such as medication administration; vital signs (weight and blood pressure checks); assistance with ambulation and toileting if needed; nutritious meals; structured recreational activities; social work services; physical and occupational therapy, if needed; and transportation to and from the center within our specified area of service.
What type of insurance/s cover the costs associated with adult day care?
Costs are covered by Medicaid and various grant sources which the Saint Peter’s Adult Day Center contracts with, including the Alzheimer’s Adult Day Services Program and Statewide Respite. Eligibility for grants is based on income. Those who do not qualify, have the option of paying out of pocket. Our social worker can discuss opportunities for funding.
What areas do you serve?
- Predominately Middlesex County, and parts of Mercer and Monmouth, as well.
- We also serve clients whose loved ones wish to drive them to the Saint Peter’s Adult Day Center from other communities.
Hours of operation?
- We are open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Our clients attend a five-hour program. If taking advantage of transportation provided, the hours depend on the client’s geographical location.
- Hours are flexible for clients whose transportation is arranged by family members.
How often do people attend?
- Clients typically attend from two to five days a week, depending on the needs of the individual.
- The minimal attendance requirement is two days per week.
What are some of the services being offered?
- Continental breakfast and hot lunch are included.
- Expanded services include a beauty parlor.
- The Center is home to a dining area, a theater room, and a warm and inviting parlor with a fireplace where clients can relax and socialize.
How do I learn more about your services?
Please call 609-655-6853 to set up a tour. We look forward to meeting with you to discuss how best we can serve your needs and your loved one’s needs. We offer a free, half-day trial visit so that you can become acquainted with our services and decide if adult day care is the right option for you or your family member.