Saint Peter’s University Hospital's For KEEPS program (Kids Embraced and Empowered through Psychological Services) is a short-term acute partial-hospitalization state-of-the-art unit. This program is licensed by the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services. Established for ten years, the For KEEPS program has been recommended to “be a model for children’s partial hospital programs statewide”.
Who We Serve:
- Children between ages 5 and 17 years. (Adolescents receive services separately.)
- Children who do not require 24-hour inpatient care
- Children who cannot be managed by outpatient care alone
- Anyone can refer, including schools, physicians, agencies, parents.
The goal is to offer high-quality mental health diagnoses and intensive treatment to children who suffer from emotional and behavioral difficulties that impede their ability to function successfully in a social environment.
- Individual and group therapy
- Family therapy
- Academic instruction in collaboration with the child’s school district
- Medication management
- Discharge planning and referral services
- Daily lunch
- Transportation for eligible children.
The For KEEPS program is offered at the Saint Peter's Family Health Center Monday through Friday year-round from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
For more information, please call to speak with a member of the For KEEPS team at 732-565-5494.